Thursday, May 08, 2008

Ibenholt

Greetings and Dear Cynthia,

For the record, I don't think there is anything wrong with KADD (Knitting Attention Deficit Disorder). You're okay. I'm okay. WE'RE ALL OK!, though I might be a little defensive about it. :-) Nice for you to arrive home to a dinner your mom made for you! If she's ever in my neighborhood.....I would be willing to leave my house, just to arrive home to a dinner I didn't cook myself :-)

Sorry that I can't sympathize with you regarding the Daylight Savings Time thing, though I'm so sorry it is messing up your system. Perhaps it is because you didn't grow up with it. I just remember that when I was living in Fort Wayne after college, my parents would awaken me with phone calls at odd hours, especially a week or two after the time changed for them, because they could never remember whether or not it was the time of year in which we were in the same time zone...

My mom and I had a great time spending the day together last Saturday. When all was said and done, we ended up purchasing the same pattern (Ibenholt) and yarn to have our own little "knit along." I couldn't stop myself from casting on: I'm starting with the sleeve, which I've come to know as my "gauge swatch." I'm confident of my gauge with the Heilo yarn, having used it many times before, though I want to make sure that my moss stitch is the right tension... Lots of moss stitch, and the first time I've ever used this much texture in a sweater. So far, very fun and engaging.

Thank you LeeAnn for your thoughts regarding the two socks on one circular heel trick! Honestly, I was looking for an excuse to put the socks on dpn's so that I wouldn't have to uphold my goal of knitting both socks at the same time entirely using the magic loop... I should have assumed, however, that you would come to my "rescue" with your method for getting 60% of the stitches onto one leg of the circular! It worked great to temporarily hold the extra three stitches while I worked around to the other side of the sock, etc... Now, unless I'm missing something else, I couldn't do the heels at the same time row by row, but had to knit one heel, then the other, true? In any case, with both heels finished, and then once I untangled all of the yarn, I was able to re-distribute the stitches and am now working up the leg with the "thinking parts" of this pair of socks behind me. Bottom line: THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! I've learned so much about knitting because of the blog world, and feel so fortunate that so many knitters out there are so generous with their help!

MollyBee -- I don't know whether or not the oven mitts really work. I was going to try them out before I sent them off to my mom and mom-in-law, and forgot! They do seem quite dense and thick, however, so my initial impression is that they'd work as well as any of the hot pads I have around our house...

My sister and I ran a 5K, "Bucky's Race for Rehab," this past Sunday. Can you find the mascot in this photo:My sister's goal was to finish the race without walking, which we did, and it was the farthest she's ever run at one time. It was a beautiful day for a run, and just a really nice thing for us to do together. Our next goal is an 8K in fall.

Well, I told my five year old we could go on a bike ride on this beautiful afternoon, so I'd better get going.

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

No comments: