Friday, February 15, 2008

YarnThrower's Mission Possible

Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,

I've decided to participate in "Mission Possible 2008" :

The saying goes that yarn and fiber does not have an expiration date. This is about change. Fiber that has been sitting in your stash…

-Find it!
-Remember when you bought it!
-Remember what did you want to do with!

Look for:
12 things – could be 12 balls of sock yarn for 12 pairs of socks
12 balls of yarn that you refuse to throw out or that are left over from another project
12 balls of roving
12 WIPs
12 UFOs…

The clock is ticking. Everything – meaning the 12 things you picked - needs to be gone by December 31, 2008. It is up to you to achieve your goal and finish 12 possible missions.

You can…

…Fullfill its original destiny!
…Do something completely different!
…Donate it!
…Throw it out!
…Set it on fire! But then we want to see the video on YouTube!

The goal is to get these 12 items out of your stash by the end of 2008!

And here are a few rules:

1. You commit to the 12 tasks and put your list either on the Ravelry group or on your blog.
2. You finish all of your tasks by December 31, 2008.
3. If you don’t accomplish your goal, you will have to donate the selected items.
And so, I submit my list of 12 things. (Note that some of these things will take very little time, and yet, some of these projects have been sitting unfinished for months (years?)....so I decided they should be included in my list.)

1.) I went through my knitting bag and found a pair of socks, finished, except for the weaving in of the ends -- Goal to weave in the ends...
2.) Finish pair of "leftovers" ankle socks. One sock done, one to go...
3.) Finish acrylic baby blanket -- In the home stretch...


4.) Finish SuperNova -- Just sew the pieces together and add neckline treatment...
5.) Make dishrag from cotton in stash -- my "take along" project right now...

6.) Finish Tangled Yoke Cardigan -- crummy photos in my last post, better photos soon...

7.) Finish Mad Money Bag -- Just another few inches of I-cord remain to knit, and then attach to bag...
8.) Hanami Stole -- Haven't purchased pattern yet, though have had yarn and beads since last summer. Possibly finish for Mothers' Day?
9.) Colorwork Christmas Stocking -- My own pattern, just must finish up toe. I'd like to add this to our list of free patterns in the sidebar...

10.) Felted Mini-Bag out of a hank of Cascade 220 I have in stash
11.) Pair of socks...
12.) Felted oven mitt out of stash leftovers (possibly finish for Mothers Day)...

For the past two years, my five year old has watched as I've finished up DH's gift sweater dangerously close to our Christmas Eve gift exchange. I had to laugh when, a couple of weeks ago, he suggested to me that I "start knitting Daddy's sweater right now"...so that it is finished in plenty of time. (This is the same child I struggle with almost daily trying to get him out the door on time in the morning...) Because I don't have yarn for such a project in my stash, that will have to be in addition to what is listed above....

Okay, so now I'd better get back to my knitting...

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)


1 comment:

Marie N. said...

You are ambitious, but also prolific. I bet you'll do just fine.