Monday, January 28, 2008

One man's junk is another man's treasure...

Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,

Remember this?This is the 33 pound reel-to-reel tape player that wouldn't, which I offered to our readers for free. No takers, so I returned it to my dad when I saw him at Christmas.

Okay, so hindsight is 20/20, for all of us! My dad listed it on eBay. As it turns out, the recorder itself is worth virtually nothing. **However**, the microphone that goes along with it was worth a lot more than I thought -- $154.11 more than I thought, to be exact! The winning bidder asked my dad to ship the microphone only and keep the 33 pound recorder. Sort of like our own little Antique Road Show...

I don't think I ever shared my finished Subway Mittens with you. I put a pocket on only the right handed mitten. You'll have to take my word for it that I've also completed a left handed mitten sans pocket. I love them.

And, I'm cruising along on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. My gauge is right on (though I know I'm totally taking a chance by putting that in print). About 15 more rows and I'll set this part aside until the sleeves are finished...

I went to "Last Saturday Knitting" this past Saturday, my first time there since prior to my chem2 class last semester. It was so great to see this nice bunch of knitters! (Elizabeth, Linda, MollyBee, Dale-Harriet, and Cindy were all there!) Aside from their company, which is the best part of it, I loved to see the hand knits everybody was wearing. Beautiful sweaters and hats, and when I looked down, there were three sets of feet all in a row wearing hand knit socks!

Well, I'd better make some lunch for my seven year old and myself. He has no school today, but his little brother does. Last Monday, on Martin Luther King Jr. day, just the opposite, in that my seven year old had school and his little brother didn't. Spring break will be similar, in that the breaks won't coincide with each other. Fortunately, as a stay at home mom, it works out just fine, except for the part in which I don't get a break...but I'll get some one on one time with each of my boys, and that is a luxury we don't often have...

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

1 comment:

allisonmariecat said...

I can REALLY appreciate the stay at home mom getting a real, kid-free break :) But I hope the breaks go well.

I love how Tangled Yoke is looking. Lovely. Your mittens are so cute, too.

Whoa, I can't believe that about the microphone. That is amazing. You just never know.

I left something on my blog for you to pick up :)