Friday, July 27, 2007

From least prepared to most prepared...

in less than a week!

Greetings and Dear Laura:

Well, my Baby Surprise Jacket is complete, except for a little steam blocking this evening. And the party isn't until tomorrow at noon. This is even better than the blanket, which I finished the day OF the party - but in the morning!

Without further ado...

Photo_072707_001.jpg



Pattern: Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket (using worsted-weight yarn for the 1-year-old size)
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Solid
Colorway: Bold Red
Needles: Knit Picks Options size 7
Cast on: JUly 11, 2007
Complete: Julyy 27, 2007

I had a double-size skein of this yarn - when I rolled it into a ball, I had to split it into a small, medium and large ball. I'm sure that I used more than 1/2 the yarn, but I do still have a good quantity left.

The color is a bit brighter in person, more red than burgundy. I love the way the colors move from almost pink to a great red. I'm becoming more a fan of "almost solids!"

I used a provisional cast on for the stitches that comprise the cuff of the sleeve so that I could go back and pick up stitches to lengthen the sleeves. That worked out really well - I added 10 rows to each sleeve.

This is a really fun project - the first one made no sense as I was knitting, but this time I had an idea of what was going on.

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

3 comments:

marit said...

It looks great! Nice job.

sharon said...

That's gorgeous. I'm beginning to feel the same way about these almost solid yarns!

Carol said...

Beautiful!