Thursday, May 31, 2007

Finally.........A sock

Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,I love the finished product, though it has taken its toll. Trying to work the cables and the K2tog's on size one needles strains my left arm, so much so that I could feel it still a couple of hours after I stopped knitting last night. And so, I may cast on for the second sock (I've heard that second sock syndrome can be avoided by immediately casting on for the second sock after the first sock has been completed), though I'll have to really limit myself to only a couple of rows per day....Or, I might just cast on another, much easier, pair of socks on size two needles..... This is probably the most complicated sock I've ever made; it was certainly the most straining....though I know it is nothing compared to what I see on many other blogs out there.....It's very comfy, and I will be so happy to have a new pair of socks for when the weather starts getting colder (assuming I get the second sock completed by then). I knew there was a reason that Fall is my very favorite season!

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It's just lovely! But don't push it. No socks are worth nerve damage.

Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous sock. What's the pattern! Looks great with that yarn!

Marie N. said...

That looks really nice! I encourage you to make the mate, but stick to just a couple of rows per day.

To think there was a time I didn't understand having more than one project going at a time! My knitting has grown up since then :-)

Cindy G said...

The sock is be-yoo-ti-ful! Still lots of time before fall, so take it easy on the second one.