Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ahoy, me hearties!

Dear Laura:

Me laptop went to be repaired, and shiver me timbers, be given a new modem part. It be ready to sail the high seas again - Yarr! Weigh anchor! Hoist the mizzen!

Whilst me trusty friend war gone, thar be some knittin' to be bendin' yer ear aboot, so I'll be catching ye up...

1. Yon scurvy second-sock I war knittin' on fer 5 inches war cast-on 72 stitches instead of 64....arrrgh. Skuttle me skippers, it all be ripped and I be up to 3 inches again. Now both me socks'll be the same size.

2. I be done with the scurvy Instarsia blanket fer sure. It be blocked and folded and shown at Ye Olde Guilde meetin' last night. I needed me a fine keg o' bumboo after crawling around on me deck, pinnin' down the damp blanket! Me backside still be sore... (Note to the
Yarn Harlot that I was able to blog that without saying "arse." Just sayin'.)

3. Ahoy! I cast on
Fuzzy Feet usin' the yarn leftovers from the scurvy Instarsia blanket. Blimey, I be turning the first heel!

4. Me dirty son-of-a-seabiscuit digital camera still be on the fritz, so there be no pictures to show.

5. This be
International Talk Like A Pirate Day.


Keep knittin' ye landlubbers!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

2 comments:

MLFTC said...

I am helping Kristy respond to all the knitters that have signed up for CAP!Thank you so much! We are so excited about the tremendous response! We are sure that this will be a success. If you have any questions you can e-mail at grandmotherpurl@hotmail.com

Marie N. said...

Welcome back! I'll toast ye with a "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!"

Well, not rum, amaretto.

And not a bottle, a table spoon.

Over vanilla ice cream.

Mmmmm.