Friday, August 11, 2006

It's my own fault.....

Dear Laura:

You would think I would know better. I'm certainly old enough and experienced enough to know better.

I've been faithfully working on the shawl. Yesterday, when I had a mere 4 rows to go, I started boldly announcing to everyone in sight that I would stay up Friday night as long as it takes to get it off the needles, block it on Saturday and it would be displayed at work and the shop next week.

The Baptism is set for Sunday, August 20, so it would be done a full week early.

I knit the first of the 4 rows at lunch, and then sat down this evening to finish the last 3 rows. I finished the first in about 25 minutes. I took a break to put my dogs to bed in their kennels. As I shut off the light, my finger grazed a sharp edge on something and sliced open.

It's a bleeder. I've spent 1/2 an hour trying to get a clean bandage on it without....well, let's just say it isn't pretty. And it isn't just any old finger, it's the index finger of my left hand - the one I pull the yarn over. There's no way I'm dragging that lovely white silk/merino blend over that finger-that-seeps-blood until there has been some healing over.

I'm on the DL.

I shouldn't have gone around announcing that the thing was all but done.

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

2 comments:

sheep#100 said...

ack!
I had to put off finishing a Christmas sweater last year until after the new year due to a paper cut on same finger.
Heal well.

Marie N. said...

I hope you are upgraded to day-to-day soon! Then as long as you are not too uncomfortable you can get back in the game.

Did you find the culprit that caused the injury?