Monday, February 20, 2006

Be careful with that snow shovel!

Ouch! Yes, you are right, shoveling snow can certainly bring on a back injury faster than knitting. I remember my last place had a very LONG sidewalk that was uphill all the way. My original back injury happened after a big snow storm. Normally I would counsel that snow shoveling is a job for your husband, since you do have your knitting to consider, but since I know he has already blown a disc.....you may have to go tech and get a snow blower!

While I don't believe the point of this is shoveling snow, remember this motto to live by: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Maybe a riding snow blower.....

Anyway, I hope your back is healing. Mine hasn't given me much problem for awhile, as long as I don't spend too much time just standing or bending. And since knitting requires neither of those positions, I'm doing just fine!

I think that your sweater looks amazing, and it's going really fast. You do fair-isle carrying the yarn in both hands, don't you? Do you enjoy that? You must, you do such great colorwork. I did the corrugated ribbing on the vest that way, but then switched to carrying both yarns in my left hand once I started the stockinette stitch. I'm thinking about doing more with both hands tho. I think it slows me down a bit, but it evens out the motion a bit and I think might cause less fatigue.

Oh, and my vote for the title of the book is "Don't Make Me Get My Knitting!" If it works for 2 squabbling boys, it should work for the rest of the world, which is, in the end, squabbling kids on a larger scale!! World Peace Through Knitting - Each One Reach One." We need a counter to track our "knitters reached!"

Knit carefully,

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

No comments: