Monday, January 30, 2006

A Little Something Extra...

Dear Cynthia,

I am so glad that you shared the information about the Red Scarf Project. And so, I made one:

Then I realized that there were still several days before the cut-off date of January 31st for dropping them off at Einstein Bros Bagels, so I made two more.

This photo shows all three scarves, having been washed, hung to dry, and then having little tags carefully tied on them that say "Handmade for You". Very soon after this photo was taken, I walked into the room where the scarves were and noticed they were strewn about the floor. I picked one of them up, and it had a wet spot on it, in an otherwise very dry area of the house. And so, I asked my dear son if he might know how the scarf got wet. He demonstrated, on a clean area of the carpet, how he can lean over and let drool fall out of his mouth. Since he had shortly before eaten some M&M's, that explains the faint chocolate scent I detected in the wet part of the scarf. It also explains the blue spot I now have on the carpet.

I can't take all the credit for the talents my children possess.....

Moving on...I checked the phone book to figure out where the closest Einstein Bros Bagels place is. It gave an address of 6092. Having taken quite a few math classes, I felt confident I'd be able to locate this address... Well, no. The entire 6000 block could not be found. I finally called the place, and they described where they are located. Apparently when the phone book SAYS '6092', it MEANS '7062', a code I never would have cracked. Next time I want to get within a mile of someplace, I'll use the phone book. In any case, the scarves have been delivered, on time, and with a little something extra from my son.

Thanks again for letting your blog readers know about this opportunity! It is a cause that pulls at my heartstrings.

Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky in United State to have so many projects like this one. Here in Quebec, Canada, I have not find anything like that.